Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A New Guilty Pleasure

Because I got cancelled on twice today to work (aka babysit), I decided to fill my time with lots of television. I was flipping channels and I found my new guilty pleasure called Sand Blasters. The show invites eight teams of sand sculpters to the beach where they have a weekend to do their best work on the sand. To add a twist to the show over the weekend five of the eight sculptures are blown up and they have to start over again. Some of these sculptures were rediculous! I mean they were seriously the coolest thing in the world. My favorite was called the close-minded man. I cannot believe, even in my wildest dreams, that you can make things like this out of sand. Take a look at it.
It's not completely finished but it is the best picture I could find. Missing from the picture is a hand that was holding the needle and thread that the man used to sew is eyes shut! It was seriously the coolest thing ever. I think I might know what I want to do with my life.

1 comment:

Rachel Eve said...

You'd think that they could make something a little prettier than that scary buddha man. Its still amazing though!