Saturday, February 02, 2008

Rugby is Where it's At!!!

Well we had our first game on friday night and it was the best game ever! I finally figured out what real rugby is like. I gave everything I had, 110% and when it was over I was on the highest high in the world! We played Canby (number two in the state, we're number one) and it was suppose to be a friendly preseason match but of course it wasn't. Anyway two of our veteran girls weren't allowed to play so that put me and my good friend Megan Hackney (haha) as the vets in the foward pack. Luckily I was able to step it up and I was a beast! I initiated contact, I communicated, and I even had a few runs with the ball. Nothing can compare to the feeling I had last night and I cannot wait to have it again next weekend when we play Kent, Washington.

PS- My bruise collection is getting quite nice. The picture on the left is Megan and me before the game and the one on the right is us after the game.

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Rarrrr you look awesome! Totally high - in a good way of course. I love hearing you talk about it, makes me feel excited all over!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I love it, Mal! You ARE an animal! And by the way, you and Megan look great in BOTH the before and after pictures--impressive!

kendall said...

I really wish I could've been there! Oh and you look super cute. I'm so excited to come home and watch you play in April.

NatAttack said...

What the photos DONT do justice is how freaking COLD AND WET it was. THese girls are SUPERSTARS!