Thursday, March 15, 2012

Selective neglect

Four weeks from Saturday marks the start of finals week. My SIXTH finals week at BYU, seventh if you count that one Spring semester. I feel like there is more work left to do in the semester than has already been done. Oy vey. I'm in for a crazy four weeks. Let me introduce to you something my clinical instructor taught me about. It's called selective neglect. There are a few things I'm selectively neglecting and I know it is good for my soul.

Lemme tell you about some other things--

I had NG pass-offs today but read the schedule wrong and thought they were next week. WRONG. Lucky for me I've got an excellent friend that will have their husband bring me one of her scrub tops to wear. Also, it turns out that placing an NG tube in a mannequin is just about as easy as shoving a long straw down someone's nose. Passed with flying colors.

I been lifting weights to try and strengthen my weak Williams' arms. Mostly I've still got weak arms with really well defined deltoids. Now I kind of just want to bite the chunk of muscle right there.

This weekend is the Rex Lee Run, the weekend after that is the Festival of Colors, and the weekend after that is General Conference, and the weekend after that is nothing super exciting, and then the weekend after that is finals week. CRAZY!

We finally got a vacuum to replace the one that broke in October. I must say, nothing makes a house look cleaner than vacuum lines on the carpet.

My left pointer finger got smashed between the metal sink and about ten lunch trays at work. It's a pretty good battle wound.

Provo has given us a taste of Spring and I fear that it will be taken away soon. I almost want to pack up my winter coats but don't want to tempt the cold to return.

Sometimes I feel like the last week of my life has been make believe. Am I for really reals engaged to be married? Then I spy the shiny, shiny ring on my finger and remember about that cute boy that loves me. So many great things are happening.

5 comments:

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

There is still a little bit of winter left. You can make it!

Also, stop breaking up with my in my dreams! Dream Mallory is really starting to cheese me off!

Unknown said...

We finally have a vacuum! Hooray. Also,that weekend that is nothing exciting, is Easter.

Alyssa said...

Um... That vacuum isn't ours... It belongs in number 10, but I didn't give it back yet in case you guys wanted to use it for your room. Sorry about the letdown you will experience when you read this comment.

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Oh man such great things going on. I think you forgot to mention how excited you are tpo be stopping in to visit me in a month. How could you forgot one of the greatest moments yet to come? Honestly, maybe you should work on getting your priorities in order.

kinobud said...

So...the age old question. Do you sleep with your ring on, or take it off at night? (leaving it on you can tell "that it's not a dream"!