Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The New Symester

Dear readers,
The new symester started and I am having a great time. I now have sculpture in clay so I put all of my emotion into my pinch pots. It is my first high school art experience and I must say it takes me back to the days in Arizona where I took ceramics in summer school. I also started my economics class and that is a good one too. My favorite teacher teaches it so I know I will learn a lot. Today I learned I should start saving for retirement now because the baby boomers will steal social security from all of us. Well in order to save I need to get a job...any ideas?
The rain continues to fall in Oregon and it makes me very sleepy. I must say the one bad thing that I picked up from my Arizona days is the idea that when it's raining outside you come inside. In Oregon things keep on going. Rugby is very wet these days which makes playing on the turf that much nicer since there is no mud. Mom and Dad are back from Las Vegas and I had a very enjoyable time with Nat while they were gone. I'm having a great time just living.
-Mallory

4 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

You are just such a sweetheart. I'm sure everyone appreciates you being the legs of the family too!

Alaina said...

I just can't picture turf. And rain. Super rug burn? Does the ground get squishy underneath? Anyway. You're awesome.

Mallory Jan said...

No squishy ground, yes MAJOR rug burn. My knees bleed.

Rachel Eve said...

Oh, I wish I could be there with you and Nat!

I love rainy days. I wish we had those here, but instead we have snow days. Why don't we all just move back to Arizona?