Saturday, October 18, 2008

Suprise No Really...SUPRISE!!!

Well the last seven days I have been an orphan and loving it! The parentals have been in Hawaii and I think I've been having just as much of a vacation here as they have been on that sunny island. For Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night I was lucky enough to get to stay with my friend Michelle. Her family is very religeous and it was really interesting for me to see how different yet similar are lives are in that aspect. I think my favorite thing was the fact that they pray all the time. Not like pray formal prayers but whenever they need help on something or just to give thanks or ask for safety. I really enjoyed it so much. Not to mention that Michelle's Mom (Dixie but I have to call her Mrs. Francis) is the sweetest person in the world. Here's an older picture of Michelle and me just incase anyone doesn't know her.
Wednesday was Megan's 18th Birthday and I planned a suprise party for her. Oh my goodness it was so fun! She had no idea! I was shaking when we came into our house because I was so excited! Anyway I went to Red Robin with her family for dinner, has a trusted friend let people in for the suprise and then when Megan and I came home to spend the night...SUPRISE. Honestly I think that everyone should plan atleast one suprise party in their life, it's so much fun! The turn out was that great so it was pretty intimate but it seemed just right for Megan. (Have no fears parental supervision was provided)

Thursday and Friday I got to do what I do best. Be independent. I picked up Kino thursday after work, went speed dating for a school fundraiser (awkward/fun) and went to sleep. Friday I forced myself to be social and I went to my first football game. I didn't really go for the game but more to watch my friend Kate be a cheerleader. She was the best one for sure and it was totally worth it. Plus I got to flirt a little bit with my silent almost boyfriend. (not really)

I'm loving life.
HSM 3 Next weekend!

7 comments:

Corey, Sally, Ashlyn, and Ava said...

I hope when my girls grow up and I leave them for a trip (hopefully to Hawaii!) that they are as well-behaved and responsible as you are! Sounds like you had a fun time without the parents. Good for you! I have only thrown a few surprise parties in my life and you've made me realize I should throw another one! Fun stuff!

Alaina said...

Mallory! You are already LIVING HSM3! Seriously, could your life get any better!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN I LOVE YOUR GUTS!

kendall said...

Yay, mallory! Everthing looks so cute, and I totally wish I could've been there. You definitely lived up to the Williams' parents out of town party name.

Mallory Jan said...

hmmmmmmmm. Perhaps we left you a little TOO long...

Jan said...

okay, I'm still learning to check the comment identity before I send! Glad you had fun, thanks for letting us go, we won't ever leave you alone that long again! love you Mal, heart of my heart!

Mallory Jan said...

By all means Mom, feel free to vacation as long as you want.....

Alyssa said...

I was at that surprise party! It was the best.

(Yes that's right, I am going through and reading some of your old blog posts because I miss you THAT much...)