Saturday, September 19, 2009

Adventure in Sundance

After the fastest week ever came friday! A girl in our ward has a cabin in Sundance and invited us all (the girls from both the 1100 and 1200 halls) to have a sleepover. I went up later with my friend Sophie and Hillary because we wanted to get some homework finished. After some adventures in finding the right road to get us to Sundance we finally made it to the house around 10:00pm.
There were a ton of girls there. More than twenty for sure but past that I'm not the most accurate estimator. After a few annoying name games we sat around the table (like 10 of us) and talked forever. At 1:00am about half the girls at the table left to go back to the dorms and then our conversation evolved into some of the best conversation I've ever had. It was so great. Now I have a reason to be connected to some girls and I love it.
When we finally got around to going to bed Sophie and I found a spot on the floor to sleep. We had to snuggle because it was so cold. Someone said something about the world's largest ball of twine and I quoted Drop Dead Gorgeous and we spent the next three minutes, in fits of giggles, quoting lines from the movie. When we were done laughing she said, "I think we're meant to be friends". I couldn't have agreed more.

3 comments:

Rachel Eve said...

Oh my goodness you actually found someone outside of our family who can quote Drop Dead Gorgeous?! That's amazing. I'm so glad you're making good friends!

NatAttack said...

YES! This is why living in the dorms is so great. Glad you're having such a blast!

Jan said...

I loved living in the dorms! You make more friends there than in your whole high school!