Monday, April 11, 2011

Who thought I'd ever enjoy this so much?

Meet Adrienne Sage:
-She is a handful and a half but quite possibly the funniest kid I've ever met.
-After telling me I'm not an adult one evening I of course inquired why. Apparently I deserve the status of child because I'm not yet twenty (the age at which Alaina tells her marriage is acceptable) and because she and her mom have to pick me up all the time (aka I don't have a car). Let me tell you Adrie...I'm half way there and working quite hard on the second one.
-Her sweet little hugs send thrills of happiness through my body. I don't think she fully understands how much I love her.

Meet Henry Rex:
-Something about being so close with Kendall and Josh and then seeing him within three hours of birth makes me feel like a part of him belongs to me.
-He's starting to get arms and legs that are so fat they spill over his wrists and ankles. I just want to squeeze him!
-I live for him smiling back at me. I think he's waiting to laugh because he knows I'll die when I finally hear it. I totally get why it would be distracting to have a baby and be in school at the same time.
-He's only been alive for such a short time but I can't even remember life without him.

I've got one niece and one nephew and one more on the way. I'm so excited to welcome Choke into our family and I have a feeling he'll be totally different than the two we've already got. I am amazed by my sisters and the mothers they have become. I can only hope that someday I can do the same. Here's to hoping I can make them as cute as these two. Cheers!

3 comments:

Kendall said...

You're so sweet mal. Henry loves aunt Mal! I can't wait for you to get back from this summer and hopefully he'll be laughing and crawling all over the place.

rob said...

See? Even the little girl with the mischievous smile agrees: not yet an adult.

Alaina said...

I love this. The pictures you have of both of them are HILarious. You make the greatest Aunt and no doubt you'll be an awesome mom, too.