Friday, April 22, 2011

Tom Cruise. All nighters. TSA. Oregon

It's not really a secret that sometimes I wish my life were a movie. Not really that I want to be an actress or anything (I leave that to Liss Biss) but more that I love movie entertainment in general. You know how people have certain things they do to "escape"? Well my escape definitely comes in the form of some sort of moving pictures with sound attached.

So naturally, it came as quite a shock to me when I discovered that neither of my best friends had seen ANY of the Mission Impossible movies. NONE of them! I still really don't understand how that can even happen but I promise it's the truth. Well anyway, in an effort to help them understand me and my love for all things Tom Cruise (more on my love for him later), I had my mother send the three Mission Impossible movies to Provo so we could watch them together. Within five days all of the movies had been viewed and two lives had been changed forever. Oh my gosh Tom...you never disappoint me. Seriously, if you haven't seen these you need to watch them. Better yet, tell me if you haven't seen them yet and I will fly to wherever you are and watch them with you. Seriously, they are that great.

The viewing of MI 3 started the end of my very very long last night in Provo. Actually it was the long night that turned into a long morning and a long afternoon. That's right friends, I've officially entered the club of people that stay up all night. I'm such an adult! Between packing, cleaning, laughing at Alyssa's weird sleeping positions on the tiny couch, and general anxiety about where I would put all of my stuff for the summer, I was wide awake all night long. Highlights include me taking out the trash at 4am while singing really loud and then realizing there were people walking down the street (I just kept singing) and the cinnamon roll breakfast/dinner/snack with Alyssa at 7am.

By 10am Thursday morning I was on the road driving to Salt Lake with probably about 70% of the stuff I own and I cannot thank Alyssa enough for holding onto some of my stuff for the summer. (You da you da best).

Salt Lake was stressful because I had to unpack Vincent and try and figure out what last things I could live without for a few months. It was so hard! With my frazzled no sleep brain I managed to dump all my stuff at G+Gs and then went to pick up Alaina so she could take me to the airport. In the rush to actually get to the airport on time I made a mistake, sort of a big mistake. You see, I had left a packet of sparklers in my carry-on bag. Just in case you were thinking of doing the same--DON'T DO IT!. TSA took my license, my illegal not really even firework fireworks, filled out a giant form, made me just stand there and watch, took pictures of the goods I accidentally forgot that I had with my license and then told me after a million minutes that they didn't think I looked like someone that wanted to harm a plane so they weren't going to get the police involved. Holy moley. In my whole life I have never been so glad to look like a nice white girl. Can you just imagine the waterworks show I would have been had the police been involved?! For those of you that aren't aware, no sleep makes an already easy crier Mallory into a human fountain so it would have been pretty awful. Yeah, so I am officially mad at sparklers right now and I will be boycotting them this summer. Which means I can't do fun things like this picture. But I want them to know how mad I am at them. To the sparklers of the world; I hope you feel bad.

Large chunks of time from the plane ride home are missing as I drifted in and out of sleep but the parts that I do remember were delightful. By some miracle, Southwest started distributing honey roasted peanuts again (hello heaven) and that with my drank made for a delicious lunch.

I always forget how much I love the Northwest until I'm here. This place is beautiful. By the time 6:30pm rolled around the giant bed in my room was looking mighty appealing. I tried watching some internet tv but was fast asleep by the time the clocks chimed 7. The 12 hours of sleep I got last night we sound and just what I needed. It's already summer and I cannot believe it. Hooray for no school! Sorry this turned into the longest post ever. I've got to post fun things while I still have them to talk about.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

a) This made you miss you even more. which I didn't know was possible.
b) I'm sad you weren't here to watch more Tom with me. and our old friends. (and by "old friends" I naturally mean "friends who have been alive much longer than us," not "people we have been friends with for years and years."
c) That's a really unattractive picture of me on the couch. I'm pretty sure that right before Lauren took it, I thought to myself, "Oh, my hand is in a weird position; I should put it in my pocket so it doesn't look funny in the picture." But it ended up looking like I am with child. Beautiful.
d) Sparklers - AHH! I'm so sorry about that. I wonder what would have happened if it had been me (aka not someone who looks like a nice white girl)...
e) Tell the Northwest hello for me.
f) Sorry this turned into the longest comment ever. I've got to comment as much as I can before I leave in TWO WEEKS.
g) There's no g. I just felt like ending on g instead of f.

Kendall said...

OH MY GOSH MAL PAL! You have the worst luck with security/police officers. I'm glad you're an innocent white girl too. Miss you so much! It's gonna be fun to be reunited at the end of the summer. :)

rob said...

Why does Alyssa look like she's with child?

NatAttack said...

You're totally a terrorist Mal Pal. BLACKBRIAR

Good thing they didn't check your rap sheet, they may have changed their minds.

Now I need to come visit!!!