Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pretty close to perfection

-Bike riding, and lots of it! Downtown Portland, Seaside, Fort Stevens, the KOA campground
-Sun, all four pair of shorts I own worn in four days, and a light breeze
-Berry picking. And by picking I mean picking which boxes of berries we should buy
-Allergies that are the worst
-Scrabble table
-Bananagrams
-Trying to find Indian food and failing miserably. Next time we'll just go to Applebee's or something.
-Voo Doo Donuts
-Learning that Joshua does like some things delicious
-Patriotic songs in church
-Teaching the Laurels about avoiding crisis living and realizing that it was probably a hint that I should stop procrastinating so much
-Hanging out with my best friend from high school and her fiancee
-Realizing that peanut butter sauce and grilling is not my most favorite thing
-Warm sand between my toes and someone to enjoy it with
-Patriotism

-Mo's clam chowder and a kid with an eagle face
-A little extra on top because I'm special
-Salt water taffy, meh.
-Just a little bit of a sunburn
-Nearly dying from smoke inhalation and cold but doing it because we love America and fireworks. And it was worth the 30+ minute show put on by the good people of Seaside
-Sleeping on the ground, with a towel for a pillow, in a tent full of snore-ers and not even noticing because I was so exhausted.
-Reading some of the projects I made in the fifth grade. Obviously all poetry should rhyme and be borderline depressing.
-Slurpees and Mary S. Young park.
-Laughing so much that it hurts and enjoying things more than I ever thought possible

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow, you've done a lot in a short time! Sounds fun. Wish I could have seen fireworks from the beach! xox

Alaina said...

LOVE THIS POST. I laughed really hard about picking berries. And a little extra on top.