Saturday, November 12, 2011

I moustache you a question

Don't ask me why, because I don't have a reason. Please don't ask me when, because I couldn't tell you. And for really reals, don't ask me how, that's just how it is. Yes world, the rumors are true, I am one of those weird people that loves the moustache. People can think it's weird, and I'm okay with it. I like to think that it makes me interesting. Mostly I just try to aim for the unexpected.

Anyway, Amanda wanted to have an 11/11/11 party and I wanted to have a moustache party so we combined the two. Also, I was thinking that if I couldn't get married on 11/11/11 I might as well do something awesome, like celebrate moustaches. I'll hit you with some highlights in the list below because I find it impossible to explain my life in paragraph form and still make it interesting.

+I cut out at least 10 different moustaches and glued them to sticks. People just held them up to their faces and visited with each other.
+I tried to have my picture taken with each one throughout the night.
+The moustache on the wall is at least 5 feet long and surrounded by famous people that have moustaches. Very classy.
+Cookies, chips, and soda were the refreshments
+Mt Dew spilled on the kitchen linoleum. The floor is still sticky after being wiped down 2 times.
+Party guests included nursing friends, work friends, old friends, London friends, ward members, and roommates.
+One party goer attended via picture text. (my favorite)
+Strangers showed up to our party which means it was, obviously, a real college party.
+It has been decided that we'll have a weirdly themed party once a month. Keep your eyes open for the Kevin Bacon and Mug party.
+The post party roommate chat was a really great extension to a really great night.

But here is the really big question that I have for you. Are you ready? Someday when your children ask what you did on 11/11/11, will you be able to tell them something awesome? I sure know that I will be telling them all about my 'stache party, and they will think I'm awesome.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

WOW~~~ I love your sense of humor, Mallory! I wish I had thought to do something special on 11-11-11! You're the BEST!

Alyssa said...

ahahahahaha (just imagine me laughing out loud, as I was while I read this)

Unknown said...

LOVE. Best night of the semester, by far. The post party roommate chat was the best. It was what I needed :)

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I think you should have gotten married on 11-11-11 and worn mustaches. That would have been fantastically awesome!!!

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

Imma have to tell my kids that mostly I watched tv and ate pizza on 11.11.11. I guess ... I guess we know which of their parents they'll respect more.

Emily said...

My kids are going to think I'm lame. Oh wait I stayed up at my friends house and watched all 3 Twilight movies until 5 am...or does that still make me lame??? Sigh...nothing compares to your day, dang it!

Heather said...

Soooo my brother kinda sorta stinks at growing a moustache. However, I am sure he can rock one glued to a stick! Loves it!!!!

Mallory Jan said...

Heather, there may or may not be moustaches involved in my wedding.

Hey, hey Joshua! Children will most definitely respect me the most.

Emily, that for sure counts as awesome.

Heather, I've seen a Joshua 'stache and it looks pretty okay. He could just probably never secure the role of Hitler with it. Just saying.