Friday, February 17, 2012

Simply delightful

-They are in the process of putting new carpet in the HBLL and it smells delightful.
-I killed a mannequin in simulation lab yesterday. Alright, it wasn't all by myself, my three classmates maybe helped a little bit.
-I did get to practice my CPR skills
-Lab simulation companies make sprays that smell like a real GI bleed. Let me tell you right now, that smell is NOT delightful. If I have to deal with smells like that in real life I will probably vomit. (Oh gosh, I'm probably going to vomit at school/work eventually)
-I really love old people. Somewhere between the nursing home last semester and the veterans at the VA this semester I find myself wishing I could walk up and talk to the old guy sitting across from me in the airport. Their life experience is just really neat.
-I MIGHT be changing my view of being a nurse in a hospital. Life would always be exciting, that's for sure.
-This three day weekend is going to be just what I need to forget how much work school is.
-

5 comments:

Heather said...

That has got to smell horrible! The scary thing is you will probably get use to it!

Mary B said...

That's why I could never be a nurse... Smells. Oh, and fluids. And bodily functions in general..!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Once upon a time I took anatomy and physiology...am not sure why, but think my dance teacher talked me into it...anyway the cadaver lab smell is a smell I will never forget and can only imagine that the blood smell is going to be the tip of the iceberg for you. Good luck! Better you than me! :o)

Alaina said...

I LOVE your lists.

Alaina said...

I LOVE your lists.