Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dinosaur Day

So pretty much I'm in love with dinosaurs. If I had to pick a moment when the love affair began I'd pinpoint this sunny day in Murray, Utah when Kendall and Rachel let me take pictures at the Sinclair gas station.

Life since then has been a blur of growing obsession as I slowly purchased almost anything dinosaur and snapped pictures of dinos anywhere I could find them. For some reason both of these dinosaurs were discovered in Boston when I was there in May.


One day at work I received the following email from Joshua.


"Mallory!

Can we finish our hoodies on Friday so that we can have dinosaur day on Saturday? My idea of dinosaur day is that we wear dinosaur t-shirts and dinosaur hoodies and watch dinosaur movies or something. Does that seem like a good idea?

Joshua!"


When Saturday came around we did just that. We got together in the morning to work on our hoodies and then met Kendall and Josh for J-dawgs. After that we went and got Jurassic Park, Dino nuggets, and our own choice of 2 liter for dinner. At the end of the day Joshua presented me with my very own dinosaur puzzle, a puzzle that he'd made all by himself! 53 pieces of wooden dinosaur beauty. It has been fascinating for me to see what sort of creative things he comes up with.


Here is a glimpse of what my finished hoodie looks like.

So pretty much dinosaur day is my favorite day and I wish it could be everyday.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

How fun! I love doing things around a theme. You guys are creative. XOX