Saturday, July 10, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

As promised here are some of the pictures from the longest 4th of July ever. Seriously. We celebrated the greatness that is the United States from Saturday morning to Monday night. It was an awesome weekend.

Saturday morning started with blueberry pancakes with strawberries on top. Very patriotic.

Okay so Joshua and I totally didn't plan on matching but when I saw his red striped shirt I knew I had to wear blue. hahaha. Later in the evening we waited to watch stadium of fire and played a lot of Uno.


Sunday was church and then once it was dark outside we lit sparklers. Call me old fashioned but they're still my favorite.



On Monday Julia and I went to see Eclipse. It was awesome. We made a delicious french silk pie and went swimming later with some friends. Basically my life is awesome. I've been spending a lot of time with my (to put it in Aunt Cheri's words) "special friend" Joshua. He's in our ward and we've been dating for the last few weeks. It's been interesting to experience life with a boy involved. Happy 4th of July again world! Oh, and I get to be an Aunt again. Hooray!

2 comments:

Rachel Eve said...

Sounds like your 4th was better than mine! Glad you had so much fun.

I love Sparklers too!

Cheri said...

What a great tradition for breakfast on the 4th. I'm going to try and remember and do that! So happy you're having a good summer. It's great to have 'special friends.' Lots of them*** haha XOX