Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Expecto Patronum

I've been thinking a lot about Harry Potter lately (typical I know). It might have something to do with the fact that I watched all five of the movies with Mom in the last few weeks but I couldn't tell for sure. Anyway in the third movie Harry learns how to produce the Patronus charm to ward off the dementors that attack him. For the spell to work you have to have a really powerful/strong happy memory that basically forces the dementors away. I've been thinking about my most happy memory and I finally decided when I was the most happy. Get ready...

Thanksgiving of 2007 was the best family holiday I think I have ever had with my family. Tears come to my eyes when I think about how perfect that week was but one moment sticks out in particular. On Thanksgiving day we all kneeled together for family prayer. It was my turn to say the prayer and I got all choked up because I was so joyful with my family and just having the idea that we can have an eternity of thanksgiving weeks together in heaven. I don't know words cannot express how those few minutes in prayer changed my outlook on life. I feel extremely blessed everytime I get together with my family and I must say I cannot wait until the day we can all be reunited together in heaven once again without the stress of the world.
Okay now I want to know what memory you would use to keep the dementors away from you. I'm not gonna lie mine is pretty solid so dementors if you're reading now you know you have no chance of getting my soul!

3 comments:

NatAttack said...

Mal Pal -- I teared up a little bit reading this post. An unexpected thing at 9AM in the morning at work. I remember this moment very well. Wish you guys would come out here again!!!

Joshua said...

Mine would have to be the moment that i was born.

Alaina said...

Oh Mally this makes me so happy. I really think I might steal this one from you.

Okay... if I had to choose another one... My sophomore year at Jazz Choir festival in Flagstaff we performed the best I have ever sung in a group, and that moment of whooping it up and hollering backstage after our 3 perfect pieces will live in my memory forever. I can still taste the jubiliance.

I can't wait for family in heaven either! Let's make it the best we can ON EARTH first - who has to wait until then!?