Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Almost 20 going on 60

I think we can safely attribute my love of all things crafty to the fact that I grew up with Mom sewing doll clothes, decorating and redecorating our house, and encouraging handmade creations. When you add my love of crafts to my "old soul" personality, it makes my real age about 60. For those of you that don't follow

Love of crafts + "old soul" = Mallory is really an old lady at heart

And you know what? I'm okay with it. A ton of people have no idea what to do with a needle and thread and it makes me sad. There are few things that satisfy me more than sitting down to make and create something and then having it completed to my liking. To add to the theory that I'm an old lady is the fact that I love hand sewing. I'm just lucky my hereditary arthritis hasn't kicked in yet.

Lately I'm obsessed with cross-stitch. It's kind of embarrassing how much time I've spent looking at cross-stitch patterns on Etsy in the last few weeks but I can't help myself. These two will be hanging on my wall next Fall.
In the tradition of our family I've started to sew felt Christmas ornaments. I think it all started with the Harry Potter set I made Kendall in 2009.

It's been snowballing ever since and this holiday season I finished two more Harry Potter's and a total of eight owls.

Next year I want to move into the world of robots and dinosaurs. I can't wait. In the end I guess what I'm trying to say is that your should all embrace your inner old lady...anything could happen.

4 comments:

NatAttack said...

I do love those owls! Maybe one day... But my Harry is safely packed away here in Boston and I can't WAIT for this next Christmas!! XO.

Alyssa said...

I really love this. I can't wait for our cute house.

Cheri said...

Those are so cute. You are VERY talented! I'm impressed! XOX

J. Frankenstein Lutes said...

Oh gosh! You're almost going to be almost twenty-one soon! You can basically drink.