Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does this make me a quarter Asian?

I've had my fair share of awful roommates but this year has been the exception. It was with some nervousness that Alyssa and I signed contracts to live with each other last Winter. We had been good friends through high school but never the best of friends. I'm pretty sure that it all started with our Senior Jazz Choir trip to Seattle and things just got better from there. Our friendship is an odd blend of ridiculously silly and deadly serious. She helps me stay up a little later and I help her go to bed before the sun comes up. She tells me what sort of things I say in my sleep and I tell her that Heavenly Father doesn't care if she can make a puppet. First semester was full of grand adventures including, but not limited to, helping me make coasters, Halloween, midnight Harry Potter, cookie dough freezer balls, eating at least one bag of tortilla chips a week, getting scared by Criminal minds, late night library nights once or twice, making new friends: Kameron, Captain Von Trap, Weasel Face, Ge-off, Just Kevin, Spanky Buttars, Trevor!, and Prince Eric, and of course some delightful chats that take place while we should be doing homework.

She is the Japanese woman that lives in my closet
She is my best friend.
Love you Liss Biss!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I love you Mal Pal! Did you post this before or after I was angry last night? Haha. It's just what I needed.