Sunday, October 07, 2007

Beauty and the Beast a Latter-Day Tale


Dear Friends let me tell you a little about a tale called beauty and the beast. Someone from our ward was kind enough to bring this video to our ailling mother so we decided to watch it. Lets just say if I were ever to actually read a mormon romance novel this is what it would be like.
A beautiful girl named Belle is working to help her family who has recently lost their mother when her father breaks a priceless work of art at the Beast's house. Everyone calls Eric Landry the beast because he is so rude. We come to know the deeper story of his past and how he became an alcoholic because Belle has agreed to work of her father's debt of breaking the vase. Long story short they fall in love then they break up because another creepy boy thinks that Belle is the one and makes them break up. But in the end it was happy. This is a movie full of cheesy acting, almost emotional moments, and subtle hints that yes indeed it is a mormon movie. Oh the fake crying was the best.
What a great way to spend my sunday night.

4 comments:

kendall said...

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE! Hahaha I couldn't stop laughing for all of that blog. Ask Josh, he knows.

Rachel Eve said...

I want to see it too!

Alaina said...

What a great way to spend a Sunday night

Jan said...

I appreciated that you spent it with me, though. Thanks, Mal. You are the best!