Saturday, October 06, 2007

Friday and My First Date

Yesterday my alarm went off at 5:18 and my favorite Gwen Stafani song was playing, I knew it was going to be a good day. I brought the cake that I had made for my friend that I had made the night before and her birthday celebration went great. When school was finally over I went shopping with Gabbe on a mission to find a nice pair of skinny/straight leg jeans for New York. Mission accomplished not only did I walk away with the cutest pair of skinny jeans you've ever seen but I also got a really cute pair of brown boots! My first ever pair of boots and I am very excited about them. Next I came home and got ready for my date!
Tom and I met at Gladstone bowling lanes around 6:15. Neither of our six months are up so we had to drive seperate cars. We bowled two games sandwiched in between two other large groups so we really had no where to sit. I was entertaining. I did break 100 on the second game, I was happy about that. Next we drove down to Taco Bell and ate our food and chatted. I had a good time getting to know Tom better. He is a funny kid. After the Taco Bell adventure we decided it was too early to go home so we went to hang out a the dollar store. We had a good time looking at the kitchen supplies. While looking at the goblets I shared with Tom the desire I have always had to try and snap the top of one. A couple minutes later there was the sound of breaking glass. My heart stopped. There was Tom standing with a broken goblet in his hands. I was so shocked! He put the broken pieces down and said "Just walk away.". By this time I was laughing so hard. Like I said, he is a pretty funny kid. We bought our candy and went home to my house and we watched the Italian Job. I only fell asleep for a little bit at the end but I don't think that Tom noticed. When he left I asked him is he remembered when he broke that goblet, we had a good laugh and then he said he'd see me on Monday. It was a successful night. I had a good time just being good friends with him and I hope I can do it more. I did find out that everyone in my ward is still trying to hook Kameron and me up. It is very funny that they take such an interest in it. All we have to do now it wait for Kameron's mom gives her already 16 year old son permission to date. More on that at another time.

4 comments:

kendall said...

Mallory, your date sounds like a complete success! Haha, I'm so happy for you. And I might like Tom a little bit for breaking that glass. Jealous of your skinny jeans, wanting a pair of my own that aren't hideous. We miss you in SLC!

Mallory Jan said...

Okay usually I'm not a huge fan of the skinny jeans but the pair I got are from Nordstrom and they are It jeans. They are skinny jeans but they don't hug you super tight all the way down your legs. I love them so much.

Alaina said...

Yay! Thanks for the update! It sounds like a really great day. Makes me happy.

Rachel Eve said...

I want you to date Kameron too!

I'm glad your first date was a success. That's funny that you have to drive separate cars? Hm! Well that's good you bowled over 100. Fun date!

I need skinny jeans for NY!