Saturday, March 19, 2011

Date night with Harold

It's taken a while but Alyssa and I have finally figured out that to be together and to be productive on school work we need to be in library. We've made the Monday-night-until-midnight thing a weekly tradition and on the way home this Monday I suggested that we spend another night in the library to get even more school work completed. Because of various other activities and obligations we didn't get an opportunity to hang in the HBLL until Friday night after our ward talent show in the WILK. When that hour and a half of awkward talent sharing was over (side note: my roommate won the talent show because she made a peanut butter and jam sandwich on a pogo-stick! I promise you just read that right. We were all amazed and it was definitely the best, and most marketable talent) we walked into the most empty library I have EVER seen. I know I've only been here for two years but seriously it was SO empty. There were literally three other people on the whole third floor with Alyssa and me and that includes the man running the carpet cleaner. Of course I had to get some pictures.









After about two productive hours I lost my focus and things went downhill from there. By this point in the evening we were both freezing due to the blowing fans that were drying the carpets and losing our minds a little bit because we were the last two survivors in the whole wide world of academics.
We made a little video on Liss Biss's computer that may surface a some point but for now it's just fun for us to laugh at. I even did a little dancing! hahaha. I guess the moral of this story is that you shouldn't expect to get things done in an empty library without peers to pressure you into being quiet and productive. I crossed two of about a million school assignments off my list but I enjoyed myself and that's what really matters, right?

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Harold is the luckiest guy on campus. Who wouldn't want to spend a Friday night like this with us?

Alaina said...

RIGHT.