Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Eye of the tiger

You know that point in a movie when the inspirational song starts to play and the main character goes through some major change/makes a giant step toward their ultimate goal? Think Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Legally Blonde, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Nacho Libre, Rocky, Step Up 1, 2, and 3, and pretty much any sports movie where a girl has something to prove.

Anyway, that was my life yesterday. Not that I really had anything to prove to anyone but there were a million things that needed to be done and I made it happen. I left the house by 6:45 a.m., studied in the library for an hour, went to 5 hours of work, spent two more hours in the library, then two and a half hours in class, went to the MOA to analyze a piece of art, took a test, and then made my way home for a quick dinner around 8:30 p.m. By 9:15 p.m. Alyssa and I were on our way back up to the library where we stayed until the music played us out at 11:45 p.m. At home, I started my nursing assignment, got ready for bed and pulled the covers up to my chin knowing that I had accomplished everything I needed to for the day to be over.

Moral of the story:
If my life had a soundtrack, it would be awesome.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow! I just wish I had some of your drive AND energy. Good work! XOX

NatAttack said...

Come manage my life.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

WO, I had almost forgotten about all that! It sounds exhausting but so satisfying. Go you!

Alyssa said...

You're the best.

rob said...

You mean your life doesn't have a soundtrack?