Wednesday, May 04, 2011

It's REAL

You know how people have inside jokes that no one else understands and then you try to explain them and they're still not funny? Well that's probably how this whole blog is going to go but I don't care, people need to know.

There's a Miniature Tigers song called Japanese Woman Living in My Closet so naturally, since Liss Biss is half Japanese, I assumed she would live in my closet. We joked about it all year and it eventually turned into one of the most exciting mornings of my life. On a beautiful Sunday morning, our last Sunday in the Brittany, I got out of the shower and could not find Liss anywhere. I messed with my closet door a bit because it was falling off the track. Once I got it fixed it fell off again so I just opened it. To my GREAT surprise, there was a half Japanese woman living in my closet! It scared me real bad but it was so SO hilarious. Here she is right after the greatest surprise ever.
Now that my Japanese woman is leaving on Friday as a Young Preforming Missionary in Nauvoo the lyrics seem even more applicable.

There's a Japanese woman who lives in my closet
Eats up all my food when she thinks I'm at the office
I came home one day to find she'd gone away
Why do you wanna hurt me?

On my way to work, I'm lost in my head
Every turn I take I hope that she's there
She lived in my closest for a year and now she's gone
How could I ever go on?

Have you gone and lost your mind?
Why'd you let her stay so long?
Now you're all alone
So alone, alone

Okay, well maybe my situation isn't that depressing. It took eight months for Alyssa to change my life forever and I will miss talking to her via modern technology terribly over the next four months. But I guess that's the good thing, it's only four months. Oh and she'll get millions of blessings for serving. Good luck on your mission Liss Biss. I can't wait for you to live in my closet next Fall.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I really love you Mal Pal. Thanks for this. Miss you already!

rob said...

Nice to meet you indeed! I too am delighted to be introduced to your blog.