Monday, May 16, 2011

My Saturday that was like Sunday, sort of

By 7am Saturday, May 14, 2011 I was awake and ready for the day in my Sunday clothes putting the finishing touches on what I was going to say to the Laurels of my home stake. I was pretty nervous to say the least. I don't know who thinks two years out of Laurels myself makes me qualified to teach them but, you know, I went along with it anyway. Lucky for me I have a supportive Dad.
I guess I just have too much of Jan in me to do something halfway. I kept finding things I wanted to display on my table. I thought it turned out alright.
Oh hey, did I mention that the night before my big teaching debut I made 120 cupcakes for the Stake Achievement Day activity? The baking went smoothly and everything worked out well. I did come home from the Laurel Activity to find that Kino had jumped up on the table and broken into one of the boxes of cupcakes. It was sort of a miracle that I had 30 extra unfrosted cupcakes that I could hurry up and frost before the delivery was due. After a little stress of driving to the wrong Stake building and running sort of late from the whole Kino disaster, the cupcakes finally got delivered.
And I could go home and take a nap.

5 comments:

Kendall said...

Good job on the cupcakes! I thought Kino had put his rotten past of table jumping behind him, but I guess I was wrong. I want to hear how your lesson went and what advice you gave! Blog about that? Or I'll call you and make you explain a lot. loves!

Unknown said...

I'm excited to hear how your motivational speech to the Laurels went. I'm sure it was fab and not tram. Cute Cupcakes.

rob said...

Wow, I can see from your table decoration that you have some really good looking friends...

Cheri said...

Whew! You are amazing. What a lot of things you've got going. Happy Birthday!!!!! You are not a teenager anymore. XOX

Alaina said...

Yeah, I too want to know what you said. And I can't believe Kino really jumped up and broke in to a box! Wow. This is also why I will never have a dog. You are amazing. I hope someone paid you a lot for your work ;)