Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Best Feeling in the World

I often complain about having to go running but today I had an epiphany. When you first start running it sucks. I'm not even going to try and sugar coat it because the reality is it is awful. Your joints are stiff, your don't really know where to put your arms, you have to figure out that perfect breathing pattern and stuff. Well after about the fourth or fifth lap around the track you hit a peak or a point where you are totally warmed up. When you reach this point you feel like you can do anything because you are in the zone, over the hill, and ready to go. I can totally see how long distance people run forever it is a great feeling.

5 comments:

NatAttack said...

Wahoo! Running really ISNT so bad (sometimes), you're right. Did I tell you about the techno podcasts? You should really give it a try; it just might change your life!

kendall said...

llahmmmm....i think I might hit my peak after the first lap.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

No kidding, Kendall!

Mall--I love that "you don't really know where to put your arms at first," because I always feel that way! Thanks for making me feel better.

Alaina said...

You make me want to run. Thank you.

Mallory Jan said...

I'm glad that I could be so inspirational.