Monday, September 03, 2007

Life, Liberty, and Camping on Labor Day Weekend

What can you say about camping. It is a time filled with no showers and lots of junk food. On friday we drove to the beach, stopped at Moe's on the way (Megan doesn't like chowder), and finally arrived at our campsite in the Tillicum camp ground. We were on a bluff thing that looked out onto the beach. It was beautiful as always.
I discoverd on this trip that it is much easier to get into the dirty thing than you think. It was so nice to not have to worry about showering, washing my face you know stuff like that. Kino discovered what the air mattress was really like and he was on it most of the time. So was Mom but she was reading the Twilight series so she has a good reason. It was a good time had by all. My favorite parts include but are not limited to; Bike rides with Dad, salty meats, roasting Starburst (I had forgotten how delicious starburst are and I find myself craving them a lot), laying in the sun on the beach, reading Harry Potter, and really have nothing that needed to get done. Well summer is now a thing of the past, stay tuned for my back to school blog!

6 comments:

kendall said...

Oh mal, that looks so fun!

Alaina said...

ROASTING STARBURST!? Wow never heard of that one. I find myself sooooo jealous reading this and glad that you still get vacations even though you're not a real family anymore.

Jan said...

We're still a real family! Haven't you ever heard...last the best?

Rachel Eve said...

YES your mom is reading eclipse! I love it!

Alaina said...

Oh Mal you and I seem to have people mistake us lately.

Take away the sarcasm and my comment should say, "You are very much a family and that's cool you still go and do things as one."

NatAttack said...

Yay for camping! I'm going in Maine this weekend. No smutty Vampire books allowed. Or air mattresses. Or dogs.