Thursday, June 07, 2007

Eternity


Last weekend I was blessed enough to spend time with Dad. I drove us down to his office, the Nike Outlet, and Rose's and we had a great time. Thinking of what a great time we had I am so sad that not everyone enjoys their family as much as I do. So that got me thinking about myself and all the different parts of my personality that make me me and I can't help but notice almost every part of me came from, or is similar to, all the people I love the most.
From Mom: Craftiness, a thing that alot of people don't have patience for. There is nothing more rewarding to me than seeing a project you love so much be finished so you or someone else can appreciate it.
From Dad: Sharp humor. Not everything has to be in your face obvious, it's the subtle things that make things really funny. Also he taught me to be travel saavy.
From Alaina: Thinking things out. Slowing down and taking a rational look at all situations and how I factor into them. Also a love for sweets.
From Natalie: Bargin shopping! A love for a good hunt and not backing down from something because it is scary. Testing your limits (like moving far away) and making the best out of every situation.
From Kendall: Uncontrolable laughter. Laughing is just as good as crying. And a friendship that is the deepest thing ever.
From Grandma Wood: Love for everyone even when they are grumpy
From Grandpa Wood: How to bargin and haggle for the right price.
From G+G Williams: how to play a good card game.
From Rachel: How to be an only child a survive.
From Kurt: How to take the crazy and focus on the good.

This is only a small list of what makes up me. Most of all the example all of you are to me in the gosple. I know my life would not be so great if it were not full of the gosple. Your testimonies most of all are what have made me the person I am today. I wish that we could be together more but I know that we will eventually have eternity to spend together. Love you all!

8 comments:

kendall said...

I love you!
I don't think you love me when I'm grumpy.
Gospel.

NatAttack said...

MalPal -- I LOVE this post. It's very thoughtful and insightful. I should think about copying it. :)

You are by far the sweetest of the Williams' crew. I adore every part of you!

Alaina said...

Mal! I love this! And I love how you are like me in the way we think carefully. Maybe you should add "ultrasensitive" to the list you and I share ;)

I agree with Nat - you have this amazing sweetness that came from you and you alone, you certainly didn't get it from any of US!

Rachel Eve said...

I love our family! I miss you. Come see me.

Anonymous said...

I'm SURE that sweetness came from her mother! Thanks, Mal. I am truly touched...you are insightful. I love you beyond measure.
mom

Mallory Jan said...

Isn't that a little selfish?

Alaina said...

I miss you. But good luck with finals. That is SO much more important than blogging.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I love this too! What a sweetheart you are.